Saturday 27 January 2018

DEALING WITH ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

My name is Adenrele. Hmmn scratch that! I am Chief Architect Adenrele JP. I am 50 years old and the doctors say I am diabetic. Don't mind those doctors jare! That's how they will be labeling someone with "big big" conditions. Nothing was wrong with me ooo. Shebi I just wanted to do medical checkup that was required when I was to go to the UK for a course ni. And I went to the hospital to meet my boy who usually arranges the medical certificate for me. I need not do the test. Once I "settle" my guy, the certificate would be brought to my office. Who has time for sitting down in one hospital "to be doing sereren ?"

On this fateful day, I went as usual only to be told that my guy had been suspended for fraudulent activities. I dragged myself to the clinic to see the doctor who would give me a physical examination and order my tests. Immediately I met him, I knew he didn't like me. Instead of "facing" the issue at hand, he started asking me questions about how frequently I urinate both day and night. I grudgingly answered him that I drink a lot of water which makes me urinate about 10 times during the day and I wake up at least five times during the night as well. The doctor then told me he suspected that I had Diabetes. He examined me and ordered my tests. 

When the results came out, he sat me down and broke the news to me. He said I had Diabetes and reeled out a set of rules to me. "Who does that?" Isn't that plain wickedness? All I heard from his speech was that I would die soon! After talking to me, he gave me a prescription to take to the pharmacy. It was as if he had done nothing. He just excused himself and went on to the next patient. Only God can tell how I got home from the hospital that day. A million and one thoughts ran through my mind. How to break the news to my wife that I was about to die. How to organize my estate. I could not sleep that night. I kept turning and turning. Unfortunately it took so long for the day to break.

At dawn, I quickly got up and went to my friend Tunde's house. I told him everything. He just scoffed and said, "Don't mind them Denrele mi owon, Doctor yen lo ni Diabetes". "Shebi you, nothing do you. Ehn Ehn." Just urinate on the ground, once ants don't go near it that means you don't have any Diabetes." "Mu beer tutu s'aye e, my friend". His words calmed me down. I was fine. Infact, very fine. I had a beer and went about my normal activities.

It's good to have a friend like Tunde. We have been friends for over 30 years. We hit it off when we met in school as "jambites". Ol' boy we sure had fun together. We partied and read together. He arranged a lot of girls for me. I was a stallion in bed. He used to call me "Adenrele ti ko kin re". ( Means someone who is never tired). Our friendship is what you call brotherhood. And I can trust him with my life.

Why am I telling this story? I just noticed about three months ago that I could not have an erection. What can fa? Me! I don't stop until women beg me to stop. Kilode? Initially, I thought it was because of stress but now I don't think so. Normally, once I see a woman, my "JT" is ready for action. But now even my wife is beginning to complain of my inability to get it up. I even tried to test it with prostitutes and some fresh girls. It was still the same. 

How will people see me now? What is the point of being a man if one can not "jangirover"? Mo ti di Esin inu iwe niyen. Why don't I kuku kill myself? I went to see Tunde again, dejected. He just told me that it was a simple thing. There was a concoction being sold by some Mallams just around the corner. If I took it, I would do jangirover till day break. He advised to have sex with a fresh girl and not my wife so that the girl could match my stamina. He made all the arrangements as usual. No be small thing! The thing worked ooo no be small. That was how I became a regular customer of the Mallams. Life was good again.


After a while however, I was back to square one! No show again despite the concoction. I then thought it was time to tell my wife about my predicament (but not the whole story๐Ÿ˜œ). She said she stopped complaining because she felt I was not comfortable discussing it. She called her friend who was a doctor to book an appointment for me at his private clinic. On getting there, after a barrage of tests, I was found to be Diabetic and Dr Solomon explained that Disbetes was one of the causes of Erectile Dysfunction. He counseled me and gave me some drugs which I promised to adhere to.


Here I am, a few months after feeling good. I'm back to being a stallion! If you don't believe me, ask my wife. ๐Ÿ˜€


ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION (ED)
The above story tells of one of the causes of ED. There are many other causes which will be discussed shortly. It is usually extremely embarrassing for a man to accept he suffers from erectile dysfunction. Many men take pride in their sexual stamina and so have a great difficulty acknowledging ED. ED is failure to get an erection despite sexual stimulation or when an erection can not be sustained during sexual intercourse.

The symptoms include:
    • trouble getting an erection
    • difficulty maintaining an erection during sexual activities
    • reduced interest in sex
    Identified causes include:
    1. Physical causes
    • Diabetes: this causes damage to the blood vessels and nerves that control the blood flow to the penis
    • Heart problems: this leads to a decrease in the blood flow to the penis with blocked arteries or leaking veins 
    • Injury/Surgery done on bladder, prostrate, colon or rectal area resulting in nerve damage and
    • spinal cord injuries
    • Obesity and overweight 
    • Drugs including anti hypertensives, antidepressants as raised BP may impair blood flow to penis
    • Hormonal problems: Problems of pituitary gland and testes
    • Lifestyle including smoking, alcohol & substance abuse and lack of exercise

         2. Psychological causes

       Treatment 
It is best to see a doctor when any of the above is experienced.



Thanks for reading. Till next time, Ciao.

4 comments:

  1. Very educating. Thanks admin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and educative.
    Especially the Yoruba myth part which says one can urinate on the floor and wait till ants come close to certify one having diabetes or not... �� I totally disagree with that. Get checked up today and live a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear. Yesso. Get a medical check today!!!

      Delete